![]() |
四平八穩的用字沒有錯,卻容易讓人聽起來死氣沉沉,試著把這裡的片語放進句子裡,報告起來更道地。
1. Back up – to support
If you could back me up on this idea, I can promise you a return.
如果你能在這個點子上支持我,我一定會回報你。
2. Check out – to look at carefully
Check out this graph. See how the numbers add up?
仔細檢視這個圖表,看看這些數字如何加總?
3. Pitch in – to help
If everyone pitches in, then it we would have enough financial support to launch this product.
如果大家都來幫忙,我們就能有足夠的資金發起這項產品。
4. Count on – to rely on
You can count on us to make the best use of your investment.
你可以信賴我們,我們會將你的投資做最妥善的利用。
5. Cut back on – consume less of something
This will help us cut back on expenses.
這將有助於我們減低支出。
6. Cut in – to interrupt
Feel free to cut in and ask any questions!
別怕打斷我,有問題儘管說!
7. Do away with – to get rid of something or put an end to it
We did away with the old design because it was not drawing customers.
我們扔掉那個舊的設計了,它無法吸引消費者。
8. End up – to eventually reach a place to decide on something
We ended up joining this industry despite not planning on doing so originally.
儘管一開始沒打算這麼做,我們最終還是進了這個產業。
9. Find out – to gain knowledge about something
We found out that this wasn’t going to work, so we made some changes.
我們得知這麼做沒效,所以做了一些改變。
10. Get together – to gather or group together
My business partner and I got together and made a plan.
我的同事和我一同發起一個計劃。
11. Go after – to try to achieve something
We’re going after our dreams and starting this business.
我們正試著達成夢想並開始這個事業。
12. Go up against– to compete with
We’re going up against these two competitors.
我們正在與這兩個對手競爭。
收錄於英語島 2018年6月號
訂閱雜誌