appear（顯得）, seem（似乎）, suggest（建議）, indicate（指出）, assume（以為）, estimate（預估）, argue（認為）, tend to（傾向）, guess（猜想）
- It appears that the numbers this year are going to increase.
- It seems that the difference between these two approaches are not so big.
- Looking at the results for Q2, it suggests that we are going to have some good results in the second half of the year.
- The fall in sales indicates that we are now looking at a saturated market. We might want to start thinking about developing some new products in the coming year.
- I assume that you will be able to hand this project in on time.
- She estimates that we are going to be able to increase profits this year, but I would argue that she is being a bit optimistic.
- I guess it’s probably a good idea to organize a meeting to discuss this further.
- The assumption is that this would be a very good investment for our clients.
- I think that this idea has a lot of potential. It’s perhaps wise to investigate things a bit further.
- My suggestion is that we do our very best to get all the paperwork submitted one week before the deadline to avoid any problems.
- The claim made by my manager that my work is not good enough is totally unfair.
本文收錄於英語島English Island 2017年3月號